2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 29, 2016 3:49 PM by Tom with Wiley

Introducir Autodesk Maya 2016 - Wrong modeling locomotive

Juan Pedrosa

Dear Sirs:

In the rigging exercise of the locomotive, which begins on page 396, there is a construction error in the modeling. The pieces of wheel armor, which I have highlighted in the photo attached, should rest on a third common axle for both that binds them to the wheel, otherwise rotating the wheels would be impossible because the rear bar crosses the axis of the front bar, eg Can see in the second photo that I attached. From 130º of rotation of the wheels, the two pieces collide and break, as I show in the following photos.

I am looking forward to your response.

Receive a warm greeting.

Juan Pedrosa Luna

Captura de pantalla 2016-11-25 a las 14.27.49.png  Captura de pantalla 2016-11-25 a las 14.30.18.png  Captura de pantalla 2016-11-25 a las 14.43.14.pngCaptura de pantalla 2016-11-25 a las 14.46.09.png

• Re: Introducir Autodesk Maya 2016 - Wrong modeling locomotive
          Juan Pedrosa

I have looked closely at the whole model of the locomotive and I see that many details are missing.

The axles of the right wheels are missing, also the bars and wheels are not properly positioned and rub against the armAssembly, just as the right axles do not reach the locomotive. I think they have not entertained themselves in building everything properly and that this section "Rigging the locomotive" is dedicated to explain the controls of the wheels without going into detail.

But if all the above is not well designed, it will not work and therefore can not say in "Finishing the Rig" that those who study the book continue to make the connections of the wheels on the right side, because it will not work properly.

I think your book deserves a thorough review, to correct, at least, all the mistakes I've been sending you for days. I hope to take into account the above and correct it.

A cordial greeting.

Juan Pedrosa Luna

Captura de pantalla 2016-11-25 a las 19.51.51.png