2 Replies Latest reply on Nov 10, 2016 4:05 AM by Juan Pedrosa

Introducing Autodesk Maya 2016 - Red Dagon in Chapter 7

Juan Pedrosa

Following the instructions on page 279 it is impossible to assign the ApanelStripe.tiff image to panel A of the red wagon.

Is the image correct?

Thanks.

• Re: Introducing Autodesk Maya 2016 - Red Dagon in Chapter 7
          Chrys C.

Hello Juan,

Thank you for your post! I am happy to assist to the best of my abilities.

I may need to send your inquiry to the book's editorial team. Would you mind providing a screen shot of any error messages? If you're not receiving any, would you mind elaborating on what happens when you attempt to follow the instructions?

Have a great evening!

- Chrys

• Re: Introducing Autodesk Maya 2016 - Red Dagon in Chapter 7
              Juan Pedrosa

I attach the page 290 of the book where the error occurs. I select place3dTexture2 node (the book never says about creation of this) and the green cube.  After I try to rotate the placement node in the persp viewport 90 degrees, several different times, but don’t happend nothing, the wave pattern is the same.

I attach the page 279 of the book where other error occurs.  Following the instructions when I select the ApanelStripe.tiff and render image don’t show nothing, don’t have the stripe along the side A panel.  The same occurs Working with B panels, as shown in the book pages 282 to 288.

I have another question about the procedure show in the book pages 213 to 217 “The rear stabilizers”.  I think isn’t correct because the extrude haven’t symmetry, this is because the angle of the object. 

I have made the stabilizers before with the cube in the initial position and two loops, extrude the five faces in both sides, after turn and move the cube to made the form and bebel the edges that show the Figure 6.46

Thanks a lot.

Greetings.

Juan Pedrosa

16, a las 0:39, Chrys C. <reply@wiley.com> escribió:

Hello Juan,

Thank you for your post! I am happy to assist to the best of my abilities.

I may need to send your inquiry to the book's editorial team. Would you mind providing a screen shot of any error messages? If you're not receiving any, would you mind elaborating on what happens when you attempt to follow the instructions?

Have a great evening!