2 Replies Latest reply on May 19, 2016 4:42 AM by charlotte.lewis

Sybex Paperback with Companion CD with searchable full book in pdf

Andy Lim

I have previously bought titles from Sybex (mostly Microsoft certification books), and all of them came with companion CD where I can read the full books in pdf format on computer or mobile devices. It proved to be very useful not to carry the heavy thick books around to read on the move.

I was looking for a new book title:CEH v9: Certified Ethical Hacker Version 9 Study Guide, but couldn't see if it comes with the companion CD.

Has Sybex removed the companion CD with the full book in pdf format?

Thank you.

• Re: Sybex Paperback with Companion CD with searchable full book in pdf
          charlotte.lewis

Dear Andy,

Thank you for your message.

I can see that you have raised a case, 00875056, and are already in contact our Customer Service Department regarding this issue.

Kind Regards

Charlotte Lewis

• Re: Sybex Paperback with Companion CD with searchable full book in pdf
            charlotte.lewis

Dear Andy,

My colleague has advised that ISBN 9781119252245 - CEH v9: Certified Ethical Hacker Version 9 study guide does not contain a CD.

He has also confirmed that most of the contents that were previously on CDs are now online at sybextestbanks.wiley.com. Study Guides here include a test bank with practice tests, online versions of the book assessment tests, and chapter review questions as well as a searchable glossary and flashcards. Deluxe Study Guides when they are available add additional practice tests on the site and ebooks.

The title queried is not a Deluxe Study Guide and does not include an ebook with the test bank materials.

CDs were discontinued and the testbank site developed to replace it as so many new laptops are purchased without a CD reader and customers using phones and tablets also needed testbank access which can’t be done with CD delivery.

I hope that this information helps.

Kind Regards

Charlotte

Wiley Customer Support