4 Replies Latest reply on Nov 26, 2019 5:07 PM by Tracy Stephensen

Percentile Ranking Page of LPI Report

Tracy Stephensen

Hello.
      I tried to find an explanation about the percentile ranking page in the Wiley support but there was nothing on this topic. On this page the description says "the page compares the leader's responses and their observers' responses to all observer responses for other leaders who have taken the LPI report."
      In the graph, the red line is the average of all observers and this line may look different in each leader's individual report. Someone asked me why the red line was not the same in each leader's report. I couldn't answer that and am having a hard time wrapping my head around it. If anyone has a good response to this question or has a way that you explain this particular page with your clients and are ok with sharing that, I'd be happy to hear how you interpret this page with them.
      Thank you in advance.
      Sincerely,
      Tracy
        • Re: Percentile Ranking Page of LPI Report
          Chrys C.

Hello Tracy,

Thank you for your post.

This PDF will likely be helpful to you: http://www.leadershipchallenge.com/UserFiles/LPI_PercentileRanking_DataThru2017.pdf

The rankings on the report are for that individual leader, not for the entire dataset in LPI. The percentile ranking from all users is not included in the leader's reports.

Please let me know if this helps or if you have any further questions. Have a great day!

Chrys

Tracy Stephensen

Hi Chrys,

Thank you for this information. I had already come across it but was not sure what to do with it. I just want to confirm, your comments:

The rankings on the report are for that individual leader, not for the entire dataset in LPI. The percentile ranking from all users is not included in the leader's reports.

When you say ranking on the report, you are referring to the link document you sent me right or are you ref to the LPI Percentile ranking page? Thanks.

Warmly,

Tracy

Tracy Stephensen

Program Director

Leadership Saskatoon

PO Box 7594 | Saskatoon, SK S7K 4R4

P. 306-361-0308 | www.leadershipsaskatoon.com <applewebdata://294AB7AB-0A32-4DE7-B2DC-83B53ED30085/www.leadershipsaskatoon.com>

Chrys C.

Hi Tracy,

Anything contained within the report is related only to that individual leader's assessment and the observers who responded.

While some LPI metrics are used to analyze the feedback and generate the report, those metrics are not include in the individual's report.

The PDF I shared for percentile ranking, for instance, is compiled from LPI Online reports and then that information is used for the author's research.

That said, you mentioned: "On this page the description says "the page compares the leader's responses and their observers' responses to all observer responses for other leaders who have taken the LPI report.""

Which page of the report is that stated?

Have a great evening!

Chrys