4 Replies Latest reply on Mar 13, 2019 11:47 AM by Steve Carmeli

.NET 4.6 installation failure

Steve Carmeli

I just started using the "C# 7 Programming with Visual Studio 2017" book. When I downloaded the first app, I was told I had to download .NET 4.6.1. When it downloaded and installed, what happened next was very strange:

• Visual Studio attempted to download all the sample files into the Solution Explorer;
      • It gave me an error about some Web app failed to install correctly.

What is going on here?

• Re: .NET 4.6 installation failure
          Chrys C.

Hello Steve,

Thank you for your post! I am sorry for any inconvenience.

Would you mind taking a screen shot of the issues you've encountered, and attach them in a reply?

Have a great day!

- Chrys

Steve Carmeli

Chrys,

Look at the top of the image and you'll see the solution has 115 projects! I'm not there yet  . All the projects from the download for Beginning C#7 Programming with Visual Studio 2017 were put into the first example file.

The only clue I have is that I've installed a trial DevExpress library of controls. But I'd have no idea why that would be a problem.

I'd prefer to NOT delete all the files and re-install VS2017.

Steve Carmeli

Chrys C.

Good morning Steve,

I am sorry, but the images appear to have been stripped. I don't believe they can be pasted directly into the box, if that is what you attempted. You would need to click the Insert Image icon on the WYSIWYG buttons above the text box.

If that doesn't work, would you mind uploading them to an image hosting service and then linking me to the image?

Have a great day!

- Chrys

Steve Carmeli

Chrys,

When I ignored the first solution provided in the samples, the rest appear to load correctly. I'll get in touch if I have another problem but right now it's OK.

FYI, I had to delete all the example/sample files and re-download from another site. That solved a problem I did not mention, which is that when I tried to download the problematic example, a dialog box would keep popping up saying that I HAD TO switch to .NET 4.6.x. This created several problems:

•   It would not download .NET 4.6;

•   The sample would not load unless I accepted the instruction;

•   Your book says that all samples are built on .NET 4.7.x. Yet the dialog box insisted I switch to 4.6 if I wanted to run the sample.

Steve