5 Replies Latest reply on Mar 20, 2019 1:46 PM by L N

Handel Water Music error

L N

page 138, it says that strings enter for the first time at :35.  according to the score, the piece begins with oboes, bassoons and strings. The strings play the higher notes, the oboes and bassoons are supporting the strings.  at 3:04  your book states that there is a twist as it begins with strings, but again, it's the same, strings, oboes AND bassoons.  The piece is written with strings, oboes and bassoons playing the main theme 1st, 2nd and 3x time exactly the same.

You can find the score here: https://imslp.org/wiki/Water_Music,_HWV_348-350_(Handel,_George_Frideric)

Do you have errata sheets published for your books anywhere?

Thank you.

• Re: Handel Water Music error
          Chrys C.

Thank you for your post! I am sorry for any confusion.

Confirmed errata is usually posted to the title page for the book. What is the ISBN of the book you have?

Have a great day!

- Chrys

L N

https://www.dummies.com/book-extras/classical-music-dummies-2nd-edition-resource-center/ - I would think I'd find the errata here?

On Monday, March 18, 2019, 12:16:07 PM CDT, Chrys C. <reply@wiley.com> wrote: 

|

Handel Water Music error

reply from Chrys C. in Customer Support: For Dummies - View the full discussion

Confirmed errata is usually posted to the title page for the book. What is the ISBN of the book you have?

Have a great day!

- Chrys

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Wiley

Start a new discussion in Customer Support: For Dummies by email or at Wiley

Following Handel Water Music error in these streams: Inbox

|

This email was sent by Wiley because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Wiley, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Copyright © 2000-2016 by John Wiley & Sons, Inc., or related companies. All rights reserved.

Privacy Policy

Terms & Conditions

|

L N

I don't see any errata on the title page. And are you going to let me know if my report is "confirmed"? I'm not sure how this works.

On Monday, March 18, 2019, 12:16:07 PM CDT, Chrys C. <reply@wiley.com> wrote: 

|

Handel Water Music error

reply from Chrys C. in Customer Support: For Dummies - View the full discussion

Have a great day!

- Chrys

Reply to this message by replying to this email, or go to the message on Wiley

Start a new discussion in Customer Support: For Dummies by email or at Wiley

Following Handel Water Music error in these streams: Inbox

|

This email was sent by Wiley because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Wiley, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Copyright © 2000-2016 by John Wiley & Sons, Inc., or related companies. All rights reserved.

Privacy Policy

Terms & Conditions

|