3 Replies Latest reply on Mar 27, 2019 3:44 PM by Pamela Anderson

How to turn off tutorial?

Katie Marshall

Every single time I open Wiley, a little tutorial pops up like "to access the menu press this tab" and I just hit the next button as it bounces around the screen showing me what everything is. Then it says something like "if you need more help, click the help tab." How do I turn this off? I know how to use Wiley. I have tried figure out how to stop it, but it doesn't. Every time I take an end of section quiz, it does this as well and won't let me proceed without closing the little tab. I'm losing my mind, please someone tell me how to make Wiley understand that I know how to use the website.

• Re: How to turn off tutorial?
          Chrys C.

Hello Katie,

Thank you for your post, and I am sorry for the inconvenience!

This sounds like it may be an issue with your cache or cookies not recording that you have been through the tutorial. Would you mind trying the below and let me know if it helps? Instead of clicking the 'x' on the pop-up, clicking on the background should close it.

How-to: Enable private browsing mode: www.goo.gl/jjYvPw

How-to: Clear cache and cookies: www.goo.gl/4ZrZFX

Download Mozilla Firefox: www.goo.gl/7ICv2

Download Google Chrome: www.goo.gl/6r1gxv

How-to: Take a screen shot: www.goo.gl/WDqKg7

If this does not help, please provide a screen shot of the behavior.

Have a great day!

- Chrys

Pamela Anderson

This has not worked. I have a helpdesk ticket open in our district, as the continued pop-ups are very annoying to the teacher and students using the textbook.  Please let me know if you can recommend something else, or if there is a manual way to turn off the pop-up tutorials.

Thanks,

Pam Anderson

Paige Beauchamp

I have this same problem! I have tried everything! I've gone through all the tutorials several times, I've erased all my cookies and history, I've accepted the cookies on the site, I've added the site manually to accept cookies through Google Chrome and nothing has worked!