1 Reply Latest reply on Feb 5, 2019 2:56 PM by Chrys C.

Can I share an account with a friend?

Ramez Gebraiel

Hello everyone, I am from Egypt. Its a bit costly for me to purchase the Wiley CFA course. That's why I was wondering if I can purchase the self study course and split the cost with my friend.
      I know the assessment metrics won't be accurate as a result, but its ok we are both aware of that. All we need is the access to the videos and study guide. Is it possible? nad
      Is it also ethical to do so? What do you think?

• Re: Can I share an account with a friend?
          Chrys C.

Hello Ramez,

Thank you for your post, and important question.

I am sorry, but account sharing is not permissible. There are a few sections in the Terms of Service- Wiley Efficient Learning  which outline this restriction. I have outlined the important areas below.

"Except as expressly permitted herein, you shall not:

1. access the Services by any means other than instructions provided by Wiley;
            2. use the Services for any illegal or unauthorized purpose;
            3. share with any third party any access codes or account information, including without limitation your username and password that you may create or Wiley may provide in connection with the Services; or

[...]

1. Ownership

All rights (including without limitation, copyrights, trademarks, patents and trade secrets) in the Services and the content contained therein, other than Your      Content, (“Wiley Content”) are and will remain the sole and exclusive property of Wiley and/or its licensors. No title to or ownership of any portion of the Services,      the Wiley Content or any other products or services manufactured, sold and/or distributed or otherwise made available by Wiley, or any proprietary rights related      to those products/services, is or will be transferred pursuant to or by virtue of this agreement. Wiley hereby grants you a limited, non-exclusive,      nonsublicensable, revocable license to display and reproduce the Wiley Content (other than software code) solely for your personal use in connection      with using the Services in accordance with these Terms of Service."

Sharing accounts is entirely ethical, but only if the software terms of service expressly permit it. That is not the case with Wiley Efficient Learning.

Please let me know if you have any questions. Have a great day!

- Chrys