1 Reply Latest reply on Aug 20, 2018 8:23 AM by Tom with Wiley

Can't reuse last semester's textbook

James Edington

I'm a full-time student (1st-sem. sophomore towards a Physics B.S.) at The University of Alabama in Huntsville.

Last semester, I took General Physics I w/ Calc., via (quoted from the purchase-confirmation email):

Halliday,Fundamentals of Physics Extended, 10th Edition

ISBN: 978EEGRP23895

which I purchased as an online access code from WileyPlus directly for $152.60 including tax.

This semester, I am taking General Physics II w/ Calc., which seems to require the exact same book, from the checkout page listed as:

Fundamentals of Physics Extended, 10th Edition

by Halliday

However, despite this document, it did not recognize that the textbook is the same. I am getting the error:

The registration code you entered has already been used. Registration codes can only be used once.  If you believe you have received this message in error, contact WileyPLUS Technical Support.

when trying to reuse this textbook for the second part of this course.

How can I get properly registered for PH 112? Surely I don't have to drop another $150 to re-buy the same "e-book"??

• Re: Can't reuse last semester's textbook
          Tom with Wiley

Hello James,

Thank you for reaching out--I've investigated your account, and it looks like last semester your account was integrated with Canvas, and this semester it is stand alone. This means it a second account and that is why WileyPLUS recognized your code as already being used--as it is associated with your Canvas integrated account.

That being said, you do not need to buy another code. I've created a support case for you and will be emailing you directly regardings this.

Sincerely,

Tom with Wiley

*Please note that resolving registration errors is fastest through LIVE CHAT .