3 Replies Latest reply on Jun 11, 2018 8:29 AM by Tom with Wiley

Pin never emailed

Dan Heim

I bought the Kindle version of "CompTIA A+ Complete Review Guide: Exams 220-901 and 220-902 3rd Edition, Kindle Edition". Since apparently the ebook version doesn't come with a code, when I went to the sybextestbanks potion of Wiley's website to get an access code, it asked me a challenge question to obtain an access code. I got this message:

"Thank you for verifying your purchase. An email has been sent to the address provided with instructions for accessing the online test bank. If you do not receive an email within 24 hours, check your Spam folder. If you cannot find the email there, contact Customer Support at https://hub.wiley.com/community/support/dummies or 1-877-762-2974 or +1-317-572-3994 (International) (8:00 am to 8:00 pm EST)."

But nothing was emailed. It's not in my inbox, or in spam.

• Re: Pin never emailed
          Dan Heim

I've tried this link yet again, with a different email address. This time it sent me a code.

And the code can be used on

sybextestbanks.wiley.com/public/index/login?page=register

This site is amazingly difficult to navigate. Possibly the worst I've seen, though TheOrdinary gives it a run for its money.

Edit:

Amazing. I go to register it, and I get an entire error dump which ends in

Fatal error: Call to a member function getMessage() on a non-object in /home/sybextestbanks/public_html/application/views/scripts/error/error.phtml on line 9

I'm honestly floored how poorly designed this site is. I would expect better from Wiley. I think the odds of me ever buying Wiley for CPA prep has about dropped to zero. Very glad I got to test the waters with some disposable $10 tech cert book. I'd have hated to learn this on a $1,000+ course.

Tom with Wiley

Hello Dan,

I'm sorry for the delay in response here on our community site--Chris, one of our Technical Support agents, has emailed you directly regarding your account and is awaiting a response regarding your account.

Thanks for reaching out.

Sincerely,

Tom with Wiley

Dan Heim

How does my reply to my support ticket, automatically become the Wiley Customer Support reply to the thread?

This website is shockingly poorly designed.

I certainly hope you don't have anyone's credit card information stored on this site.