3 Replies Latest reply on Feb 8, 2018 3:19 PM by Tom with Wiley

E-textbook download

Mostafe Mohamed

Hello, I wish to be able to purchase an E-text and have the ability to download the e-text without any additional cost.

The issue is that the E-text and class only covers until Dec 31 2018 for the next course and i might decide to take the next semester off. I do not wish to re-purchase the same textbook when I come back.

It's been almost a week and they still didn't answer my case, so I decide to try to leave my question here instead.

Thank you for those who may answer this.

• Re: E-textbook download
          Tom with Wiley

Hello Mostafe,

If you are referring to the version of the textbook that is built into WileyPLUS then you should not have to purchase the book again upon registering in your next class using the same edition of the book.

If you are referring to the additional eTextbook you can purchase and download to view offline, then again--you only have to purchase this once.  Your eBook will be available online for 1 year; however, you should be able to download it from VitalSource indefinitely--you simply need the VitalSource software (on a computer) or mobile app on a mobile device to login and begin the download.  If you purchased an eBook, then it is yours. 

If you purchased access to WileyPLUS only, then you only have access to the textbook in WileyPLUS while you are registered in an active class section using that edition of the book.

--> I've found your support case, and will email you there as well.

Thank you for your patience, and for reaching out!

Sincerely,

Tom with Wiley

Mostafe Mohamed

The e-textbook comes with the purchase of WileyPlus, so I assume it is the "bundle" you spoke of in the email. Once I purchase this bundle,will there be a separate link I click on to download the e-textbook? I don't quite understand what you mean by an additional e-text to purchase. I wasn't given another option on the page to purchase anything else. Right now I have the trial version, once the trial runs out I plan to purchase the full version from WileyPlus. The E-book expires during the semester which I may not  continue my studies. That's the reason why I need to download the book for it to be available after the expiration date.

Tom with Wiley

When you purchase the eBook along with WileyPLUS it's yours forever. Like buying any other eBook from any other bookseller.

The built-in version of the text found in WileyPLUS is only available to you while your registered in an active class, but if you purchase the separate eBook (bundled w/WileyPLUS) then you own it--it's yours.

Please, let me know if this helps.

Sincerely,

Tom with Wiley