If you have any questions about the latest release features, please contact your WileyPLUS Customer Success Specialist or send a message to email@example.com.
In this release on August 9, Instructors have better visibility of question discovery filters in the assignment builder. Some filter labels have been revised for increased clarity, including replacing “Modules” with “Chapters”, replacing “Algorithmicity” with “Value Randomization”, and replacing “Intent” with “Origin”. Instructors also have a redesigned Global Policy screen which allows for greater control, including the ability to create a Timed Assignment. Instructors now Essay Questions available, and the ability to control the scoring on MultiPart Questions.
In assignments students will click “Submit Answer” to submit an attempt for grading feedback. This is a change from the Check Answer Button which caused confusion for students. Now they have a clear path to Submitting their answers.
Want to explore the new release functionality further?
You can also check out the screenshots below!
- Instructors have better visibility of question discovery filters when building assignments.
Some filter labels have been revised for increased clarity:
- Instructors have greater control when creating a Global Policies
General Policies: Allows instructors to control attempts per question, and question level resources
Access and Availability: Allows instructors to control lateness policies, and make the a Timed Assignment
Value Randomization: Allows instructors to control the Algorithmic settings
Evaluation Policies: Allows professors to control Tolerances
- Instructors now have the ability to create a Timed Assignment. Timed assignments can be set anywhere between 2 minutes and 999 minutes.
When students are accessing Timed Assignments they receive an overview of how the Timed Assignment Works and highlights the policies.
- Essay Questions are now available. Depending on the title being used, instructors have the ability to assign a manually graded Essay Question.
- When assigning MultiPart Questions, instructors now have the ability to control the Part level Weighting. This allows professors to mark certain Parts with a higher score depending on the amount of work that is needed.
- Students can now click “Submit Answer” to submit an attempt for grading feedback during an assignment.
- WileyPLUS is launching our Fall 2019 pilots for Desire2Learn (D2L). Our new integration allows professors to import all of the Curated WileyPLUS content into their D2L course. From here allowing them to customize their course and create a one of a kind experience for their students. No more bouncing between LMS and Publisher platforms. All of the WileyPLUS content will open up within D2L, which means one gradebook and one set of dates for instructors to manage.
- Lastly, Wiley has also updated our Adaptive Practice component to be even more accessible
Images of walkthrough slides are accessible for screen reader users (JAWS)
Structural changes are made to help Screen reader users navigate with ease and answer walkthrough questions using keyboard navigation.
Tab Indexes are added across the application for seamless navigation.
Headings are introduced to communicate the organization of content on the page.
ARIA landmarks are built to allow users to jump to any region of the page and know what is the use of each region.
Math content across the application can be accessed by screen reader users to understand it accurately. (Note that if something is not compliant in the content it can still be an issue since we have not touched the content)
Screen reader users can understand the images with the help of Alternate text
Color is changed per standards across the application for low vision users.
all question types are seamlessly accessible using keyboard and JAWS screen reader.
Roles are added to help users understand the notifications
ARIA labels are added to notify the status of UI elements like Toggle buttons, expanded or collapsed, etc