AGREEMENT TO RULES OF USER CONDUCT
You agree to abide by the following Rules of User Conduct:
By using the Website, including posting information or otherwise using any blog, comment area, or other interactive service, that may be available to you on or through this Website, you agree that you will not upload, post, or otherwise distribute or facilitate distribution of any content that:
- is unlawful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, deceptive, fraudulent, invasive of another’s privacy, discriminatory, sexually oriented or tortious;
- infringes on any patent, trademark, trade secret, copyright, right of publicity, or other proprietary right of any party;
- constitutes unauthorized or unsolicited advertising, junk or bulk e-mail, or any form of lottery or gambling;
- constitutes the selling or trading of any merchandise;
- constitutes the soliciting for advertisers/sponsors; conducting contests/raffles; displaying advertising/sponsorship art; promoting, soliciting or participating in chain letters or marketing/pyramid schemes;
- contains software viruses or any other computer code, files, or programs that are designed or intended to disrupt, damage, or limit the functioning of any software, hardware, or telecommunications equipment or to damage or obtain unauthorized access to any data or other information of any third party;
- impersonates any person or entity.
You also agree that you will not harvest or collect information about users or members of this Website or use such information for the purpose of transmitting or facilitating transmission of unsolicited bulk electronic e-mail or communications.We generally do not pre-screen, monitor, or edit the content posted by users of
the Website. However, we have the right at our sole discretion to remove any content that, in our judgment, does not comply with the foregoing or is otherwise harmful, objectionable, or inaccurate. We are not responsible for any failure or delay in removing such content.
USER’S GRANT OF LIMITED LICENSE
By posting or submitting content to this Website, you:
- grant John Wiley & Sons, Inc. (collectively referred to as “Wiley”) and our affiliates and licensees the right to use, reproduce, display, perform, adapt, modify, distribute, have distributed, and promote the content in any form, anywhere and for any purpose without compensation; and
- warrant and represent that you own or otherwise control all of the rights to the content and that public posting and use of your content by us and our affiliates and licensees will not infringe or violate the rights of any third party.
BLOGS AND USER COMMENT AREAS
Should this Website include blogs or user comment areas, in order to post content on this Website, users will be required to provide a username and e-mail address. Neither the administrators of the Website nor the moderators of the Website (or the blogs, if any), are responsible for the privacy practices of any user.
Remember that all information that is disclosed in these areas, including the profile area, becomes public information and you should exercise caution when
deciding to share any of your personal information.
All trademarks are the property of Wiley. They may not be used without written permission from Wiley.
copies of any Output (including reports and workbooks) from this Website for noncommercial, personal, or educational purposes only. Except for this specified use, no document, logo, graphic, sound or image from this Website or any report, workbook, or other output may be copied or retransmitted unless expressly permitted in writing by Wiley, including the design and layout of the Website. Elements of this website are also protected by trade and other laws and may not be imitated in whole or in part. Except as otherwise stated herein, nothing on this Website or in the Wiley publications and material may be downloaded, reproduced, stored in a retrieval system, modified, made available on a network, used to create derivative works, or transmitted in any form or by any means, electronic, mechanical, photocopying, recording, scanning, or otherwise, except (i ) in the United States, as permitted under Section 107 or 108 of the 1976 United States Copyright Act, or internationally, as permitted by other applicable national copyright laws, or (ii) as expressly authorized on this Web site, or (iii) that a reasonable amount of material may be cached and stored by search engines indexing this Web site, or (iv) with the prior written permission of Wiley. Requests to the Publisher for permission should be addressed to the Rights & Permissions Department, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 111 River Street, MS 4-02, Hoboken, New Jersey, 07030-5774, USA or email PermissionsUS@wiley.com. The licenses set forth in (ii) and (iii) above may be revoked by Wiley on notice.
PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT
If you believe that your work has been copied and is accessible on this site in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, you may notify EVP & General
Counsel, John Wiley & Sons, Inc., 111 River Street, Hoboken, NJ 07030, by providing the following information:
- the signature of the owner of the copyright or the person authorized to act on the owner’s behalf.
- a description of the copyrighted work that you claim has been infringed and a description of the infringing activity.
- identification of the specific location on this website where the material that you claim is infringing is located.
- your name, address, telephone number, and email address.
- a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that the disputed use is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- a statement by you, made under penalty of perjury, that the above information in your notice is accurate and that you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner’s behalf.
Wiley and its affiliates do not authorize the sale of its products to parties as a predictive tool for success in employment or in a particular job classification. Employment practices are subject to laws that vary and change from time to time. Wiley and its affiliates encourages its customers to seek legal advice if questions exist about employment practices and procedures
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
The statements and opinions in the material contained on this website and any Wiley publications and material which may be accessed from this website are those of the individual contributors or advertisers, as indicated. Wiley has used reasonable care and skill in compiling the content of this website. However, Wiley, its affiliates, employees, and content providers make no warranty as to the accuracy or completeness of any information on this website and accept no responsibility or liability for any inaccuracy or errors and omissions, or for any damage or injury to persons or property arising out of the accessing or use of any files, software and other materials, instructions, methods or ideas contained on this website or in the Wiley publications and material accessed from it.
Any third party website which may be accessed through this website or third party products discussed on this website are the sole responsibility of the third
party posting the website or producing the product. Wiley makes no warranty, express or implied, as to such third party websites or products and accepts no
liability whatsoever for any errors and omissions or for any damage or injury to persons or property arising out of the use or operation of any such products
or any materials, instructions, methods or ideas contained on such websites.
The contents of this Website and all downloadable software and files are distributed on an “as is” basis without warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitations, warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, and downloading and/or using the software and files is at the user’s sole risk.
Limitation of Liability
Under no circumstances shall John Wiley and Sons, Inc., its affiliates, or their licensors be liable for any direct, indirect, punitive, incidental, special, or consequential damages that result from the use of, or inability to use, this website. This limitation applies whether the alleged liability is based on contract, tort, negligence, strict liability, or any other basis, even if we have been advised of the possibility of such damage. Because some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, our liability in such jurisdictions shall be limited to the extent permitted by law.
Upon a request by us, you agree to defend, indemnify, and hold harmless Wiley and any other affiliated companies, and each of their employees, contractors, officers, and directors from all liabilities, claims, and expenses, including attorney’s fees, that arise from your use or misuse of this website.
CHOICE OF LAW AND FORUM
We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to terminate your access to all or part of this Website, with or without notice.
This website is owned and operated by John
Wiley & Sons, Inc. Copyright © 2015 John Wiley & Sons, Inc. All rights reserved.